PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 23, 2013

DIY Nursery Closet Dividers

This was such a fun project!  I used several tutorials online to make DIY closet dividers for the twins' nursery this weekend.  Here's a step-by-step tutorial you can use to make your own!  I'm thinking these will be my new favorite gift to give at baby showers. 

Materials Needed:

(I found all my supplies at Michaels)
Eight Wooden Square Shapes
Solid Color Card Stock
Ribbon
Pretty Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
White Paint
Drill
Paint Brushes or Sponges
Baby Outfit Template
Letter and Number Stickers


The first step is to paint the sides of your wooden squares. The scrapbook paper will not cover the sides, so I decided to paint mine for a more finished look.


After the white paint has dried, use one of your squares as a template to trace on the back of your decorative scrapbook paper.  I could fit four to a page.  Don't forget to also make enough to cover the back of your dividers too.  I was making eight dividers, so I cut out 16 paper squares.


  
To make the baby outfit template, you can draw it or use one of many online templates.  I made one and used it to trace the others on my card stock.  I only put these on the front of the dividers, so I made eight.  


Now for the fun part!  I assembled all of my pieces using a sponge brush and Mod Podge.  This was the first time I've used it, and it was definitely a learning experience!  First, use the Mod Podge to glue your paper squares to the front of your wood shapes.



Next, apply a layer to your baby outfits and glue those on top of the paper and add your stickers.  Once all of the pieces are attached, add a final layer of Mod Podge to the top of everything to seal it.  


When the fronts are dry, attach the rest of your paper squares to the back of the dividers and apply more Mod Podge. Let this side dry.



Once everything is completely dry, get out the drill!  Or, you can let the hubby do this part like I did! Drill holes in the center top of your dividers.  This is where the ribbon will go through, so make sure your holes are large enough!  Insert your ribbon and these sweet dividers are ready to hang!




I'm so happy with how these turned out and can't wait to make more for my friends who are expecting.  Now I just need some sweet baby clothes to add to the closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs