PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 17, 2013

More Than Cupcakes

I took a break from Facebook recently. Honestly, I thought I would die without checking it 50 times a day. The amazing result…I haven’t. I’ve barely missed it. The only time I have is when my friends are laughing over a recent post or photo that I haven’t seen. I’ve had so many people look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’ve stopped the habit. They immediately want to know why! Among other reasons like wasting hours each day and giving something up for 21 Days of Prayer, the hard truth is, I was struggling at times when comparing my imperfect life with other people's perfect highlights. Oh, I’m aware that I’m guilty of it too! I even do it on this blog. We rarely want people to see the real struggles that living in this fallen world can sometimes cause. My husband and I have been walking through some tough medical issues (more about that in a later post) and I’ve contemplated writing about it a million times. But I haven’t. Why is it that we only want people to see the good stuff? As Christians, aren’t we called to use our trials to minister to others? Why are we so scared of being vulnerable, of opening up our lives and revealing our struggles? Don’t get me wrong, I have a pretty great life! It's full of wonderful family and amazing friends. I’m a blessed girl. But I’m also a sinner who needed a Savior, and is reminded of God’s amazing grace and mercy every single day. Part of living this life as a Christian is knowing that there will be tough seasons and circumstances, and we are called to use those times of trial and growth to minister to and bless others. I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and one of my goals this year is to start being more transparent in this blog. The cakes and cupcakes are great, but I know I’m called to more than that. I love writing. It’s why I started a blog in the first place. And I’ve been missing it.

2 comments:

 
Design by Designer Blogs